Organizational Assessments & Awards Overview
2022 Governor’s Sterling and Georgia Oglethorpe Award Recipients
The Sterling Council has demonstrated more than 30 years of success using the nationally recognized Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence. This proven leadership framework has resulted in The Sterling Council leading organizations to outstanding results, including state and national comparative and benchmark levels, which directly supports our mission to elevate performance excellence.
Alachua County Tax Collector
Wellstar North Fulton Hospital
Wellstar Windy Hill Hospital
The Florida Sterling Council offers several levels of assessments so organizations can match the depth of engagement and resources they are able to commit to where they are on their Path to Excellence.
- For organizations that are either developing new management approaches and systems or organizations that have not assessed their management approaches before, we offer the Sterling Explorer.
- Organizations that are accelerating on their Path to Excellence may choose the Sterling Challenge or the Sterling Collaborative Assessment. Both give you the site visit experience with Sterling Examination Teams, but they differ in the requirements and depth of information and the corresponding feedback you receive.
- Organizations with solid approaches, wide and deep deployment, cycles of improvement with some innovation, and strong results showing good performance against relevant comparisons and areas of industry leadership against benchmarks may opt to apply for the Governor’s Sterling Award. Even if you do not have systematic processes in place to be a role model, but would like the benefit of the detailed assessment and team experience, you can go through this high performance assessment.
- Organizations who have previously been awarded the Governor’s Sterling Award may apply for the Governor’s Sustained Excellence Award within a four year period in order to retain Role Model Designation. This process helps organizations keep the momentum going to sustain their agility and produce excellent results, regardless of changes that occur in their operating environments.
- This section of the Resource Guide includes a matrix comparing the different overall requirements of the assessments and the depth of feedback report you receive. We have also included descriptions of each of the assessment levels including an overview of the process, steps you need to take, the value to your organization, and the cost structure.