Organizational Assessments & Awards Overview
2023 Governor’s Sterling and Georgia Oglethorpe Award Recipients
The Sterling Council has demonstrated more than 30 years of success using the nationally recognized Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence. This proven leadership framework has resulted in The Sterling Council leading organizations to outstanding results, including state and national comparative and benchmark levels, which directly supports our mission to elevate performance excellence.
We were pleased to recognize the achievements of and honor five organizations at the 31st Annual Sterling Conference:
Governor’s Sterling Award Winners:
- Health First Medical Group
- Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department
Georgia Oglethorpe Award Winners:
- Wellstar Kennestone Regional Medical Center
- Wellstar West Georgia Medical Center
- Wellstar Cobb Medical Center
Health First Medical Group
Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department
Wellstar Kennestone Regional Medical Center
Wellstar West Georgia Medical Center
Wellstar Cobb Medical Center
The Florida Sterling Council offers several levels of assessments so organizations can match the depth of engagement and resources they are able to commit to where they are on their Path to Excellence.
- For organizations that are either developing new management approaches and systems or organizations that have not assessed their management approaches before, we offer the Sterling Explorer.
- Organizations that are accelerating on their Path to Excellence may choose the Sterling Challengeor the Sterling Collaborative Assessment. Both give you the site visit experience with Sterling Examination Teams but differ in the requirements and depth of information and the corresponding feedback you receive.
- Organizations with solid approaches, wide and deep deployment, cycles of improvement with some innovation, and strong results showing good performance against relevant comparisons and areas of industry leadership against benchmarks may opt to apply for the Governor’s Sterling Award. Even if you do not have systematic processes in place to be a role model but would like the benefit of the detailed assessment and team experience, you can go through this high-performance assessment.
- Organizations who have previously been awarded the Governor’s Sterling Award may apply for the Governor’s Sustained Excellence Award within a four-year period in order to retain Role Model Designation. This process helps organizations keep the momentum to sustain their agility and produce excellent results, regardless of changes in their operating environments.
- This section of the Resource Guide includes a matrix comparing the different overall requirements of the assessments and the depth of feedback report you receive. We have also included descriptions of each of the assessment levels, including an overview of the process, steps you need to take, the value to your organization, and the cost structure.